- Your child must be admitted to or have an appointment at Seattle Children's Hospital or one of Children's satellite clinics.
- Your child must be 21 years of age or younger.
- The patient must have a home address that is at least 45 miles away from the Seattle Ronald McDonald House.
- Your stay must be 4 nights or more.
- Parents, legal guardians, and other immediate family members are welcome to stay.
- Only one room will be provided to each family, and the maximum occupancy per room is 6 people.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult relative or legal guardian.
- For your health, all families are screened to prevent infectious diseases being brought into the House.
- The safety of our families is very important. Identification will be required for all registered adults and all adult guests are asked to wear a green wristband while in the House. Every family will be screened for current or past safety or security issues.
How to request housing
- Up to 2 weeks before your arrival, call the Housing Office at (206) 838-0610 to get your information into our system. Emergent and unplanned requests are also accepted on a daily basis.
- 24 hours before your arrival, our staff will call you to let you know if a room is available.*
* We do not take advance reservations because we never know how long a child may need to be in the hospital. Because of this, we are not able to reserve or guarantee a room more than 24 hours in advance.
As our House is normally full, we encourage families to call Seattle Children's Guest Services Department at (206) 987-9330 or toll free at 1-866-987-9330 to inquire about other housing options.
- The nightly rate for House A and C is $30/night. In House B, the nightly rate for a 1 bedroom apartment is $35/night, and the nightly rate for a 2 bedroom apartment is $45/night.
- Families are asked to contribute what is comfortable, and no family is turned away if they are not able to pay.
- Payments from Medicaid are accepted. If your family qualifies for this assistance, our Housing staff will discuss what is required by your family to receive this funding.