Family Meal Program and Calendar
- An on-site orientation for your group is required and needs to be scheduled at least one week prior to your first dinner. We ask that two people from your group attend.
- All food must be prepared on site or purchased from a store or restaurant.
- Participants create their own group and supply the food. We are unable to provide the option of joining an existing group.
- Groups arrive at 3pm to begin food preparation. Dinner is served at 5pm. Most groups require at least an hour to clean up after the meal and are finished by 7pm.
- This is an adult group opportunity. Teens may participate but the group must have as many or more adults than teens.
- Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age and have had the chicken pox or the vaccine.
- Decide which House suits the size of your group.
- Meals are served buffet style.
- We ask that volunteers not solicit donations on behalf of RMHC to fund their meal.
- Our kitchen is equipped with everything you need to prepare, cook and serve your meal.
- We ask that you bring paper plates if serving at House A.
- Barbecue grills are available during summer months. They must be reserved in advance.
Food Quantity Chart
Meal Program Manual
Meal Program Recipe Book
How to Schedule a Meal
- Review Calendar below for tentatively open dates
- E-mail Activities Coordinator with date(s) that you would like to consider. New participants need to include the following information:
o Name of group lead
o Phone number of group lead
o E-mail address of group lead
o Group name
o Is your group affiliated with a business or organization or is
it personal (family/friends)
o Address (business, if applicable, otherwise personal)
o # of volunteers you expect to participate
o Which House (House A or House C) is the best fit for your group
o Additional questions
Schedule an orientation with the Activities Coordinator if this is your first time to participate. The one-hour meeting is scheduled on an individual basis and must be set up at least a week or more before your first dinner. Food handling guidelines will be reviewed, a tour of the kitchen will be provided and menu planning will be discussed. The group lead plus at least one additional group member is asked to attend.
Dates are tentatively open and must be confirmed. After requesting a meal date, the Activities Coordinator will contact you to officially schedule your date.
Contact Activities Coordinator